How do I know if I am eligible for the CCB?

To be eligible to receive the CCB, you must: 

  • Live with a child that is 18 or younger 
  • Be primarily responsible for the care and upbringing of the child 
  • Be a resident of Canada (for tax purposes) 
  • You or your common-law partner/spouse should be any of the following: 
  • Canadian citizen 
  • Permanent Resident 
  • Protected Person 
  • Temporary Resident who has lived in Canada for the last 18 months and has a valid permit for the 19th month 
  • An Indigenous person who meets the definition of "Indian" under the Indian Act 

Unable to find an answer?

Looking for anything specific article which resides in general queries? Just browse the various relevant folders and categories and then you will find the desired article.

Sign Up